The first phase of the tendering process on AggregateEU is the Collection of Demand. When a gas tender process opens, you, as a Buyer or Buyer Representative, can start submitting your gas demand for certain locations and periods. In general, this phase lasts between four to five days and, like the entire process, does not guarantee the acquisition of gas, which must be negotiated outside the platform.
In mid-term tenders, you submit demands for six-month periods - that is, Summer or Winter of each year. You can submit your demand for up to 10 consecutive six-month periods (five years).
Note that, to participate in this process, you must already have (1) a PRISMA account and (2) a Buyer Subscription to AggregateEU. You can find instructions on how to register on PRISMA and subscribe to AggregateEU in this folder: Registration and Subscription.
The following rules apply to the Collection of Demand Phase in mid-term tenders:
1. Each Buyer can submit one demand per location and six-month period;
2. If you are a Central Buyer, you may submit one additional demand for each group you lead;
3. While this phase lasts, you may modify or withdraw your demand;
4. The Summer Period goes from April 1st to September 30th, while the Winter Period goes from October 1st to March 31st of the next year. The earliest possible delivery will likely be Summer 2024;
5. You may submit your demand for up to five years - that is, ten consecutive six-month periods;
6. Your demand must meet the minimum stipulated quantity for each relevant product - that is, LNG or NBP.
To submit your demand in a mid-term tender, do as follows:
1. Log into your account;
2. Click on AggregateEU in the top blue menu;
3. Click on Overview;
4. Then, click on "Join" in the tile of the tender you wish to join.
5. Now, click on "Create New Demand;"
At this point, fill the demand form with the following details:
1. Process Type: though the process type (LNG or NBP) should be preselected, please check whether the tender in which you'd like to participate is correct;
2. Acting As: select the group of buyers on behalf of whom you're submitting the demand - select "myself" if you are acting only on your own behalf;
3. Location: select the location where you'd like to acquire gas;
4. Gas Quantity (Six-month Period, Year): enter the gas quantity in MWh, you'd be interested in purchasing for each period. There are two periods: Summer and Winter.
In LNG tenders, you may also select your preferred terminal;
5. Remove This Period: if you do not wish to submit a demand for a particular month, click on "Remove This Period" to grey it out.
6. Read the AggregateEU GTCs and check the box to indicate you accept them;
7. Finally, click on "Submit;"
Once you submit your demand, you will be able to view a demand overview graph:
At this point, no further action is required.
PRISMA will report all demands in the tender process to DG ENER, while it is ongoing and upon its conclusion. Once the publication of the official Info Sheets is authorized, PRISMA will do so and you will be notified by email.
Then, based on this Info Sheet, you may decide whether you want to participate in the matching and tendering phase.
NOTE: in mid-term tenders, the demand at a particular location for a particular period is NOT aggregated. Instead, each individual demand is published a separate tender in which sellers can express their interest. As a buyer, you will be displayed to sellers under a pseudonym to ensure fairness.